Thursday, May 12, 2016

Talons of the American Falcon

American Falcon: Quadrillion, is in the house, and its steel talons are firmly embedded in my skull. The first American Falcon CD is still in heavy rotation at my place, but now the new one will join it. We’re looking at more of the same kind of heavy rock as on CD #1. Solid, rhythmical, raise your T levels, straight-ahead rock and roll.  

From the opening riffs of the opening song, “Quadrillion,” I was throwing the horns.  Then there’s “Blood and Thunder,” which immediately calls up my favorite kind of pulp fiction, followed by the timely and hilarious “Dickhead Mountain.” Add “John Tanner,” “Strung,” “The Mountain,” and “Mexicus, which appears to be about a Mexican gladiator fighting in the Roman Coliseum. (I’d like to read that story.) There’s not a weak sister in the bunch.  I haven’t been through it enough yet to settle on a favorite but I’m sure that will come.

American Falcon is a power trio! Is that phrase still used? It fits, although there’s enough sound here to suggest a dozen players. Check out their page on Facebook. Their email address is there and I believe there’s a link where you can order the CD. I don’t think it’s available on Amazon yet, but the first album sure is and you couldn’t go wrong with that one.

Now it’s time for another listen!



10 comments:

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I enjoy Nightwish. Take a listen to Dark Chest of Wonders. They performed a tune assisted by the Lakota artist, John Two Hawks, Creek Mary's Blood. Check them out on YouTube. I think you may like them.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Try the END OF AN ERA versions for both:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVNtnOFdP4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu24BA4a-iM

Charles Gramlich said...

Roland, I'm a big fan of Nightwish too. Especially the Tara years. Great stuff

Cloudia said...

Thanks Charles!

Chris said...

Thanks, Charles!

BernardL said...

Enticing lead-in, my friend. :)

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Charles, I have not heard of this band but they sound interesting, literally.

Charles Gramlich said...

Cloudia, good stuff.

Chris, Really enjoyed the CD

Bernard, if you like straight ahead rock, this is a good un

Prashant, they have a small following. It should be bigger in my opinion.

the walking man said...

Your taste in music is your taste in music but have you had an MRI on your old neck from years of headbanging yet? How about the ears? Is the ringing louder than your students yearly whine? Bwahahahaha

Charles Gramlich said...

Mark, can't hear a word your saying. :)