Monday, July 09, 2007

The Pleasure of a Good Review

One of the first things I saw this morning was a message from a fellow in Ireland who really seemed to enjoy Swords of Talera. His name is W. Nelson and he posted an outstanding review of the book on Amazon.uk..

Not long ago I got an email from Randy Johnson, who I know is a regular visitor of this blog, telling me how much he enjoyed Cold in the Light. Randy now owns every book I’ve written, all three of them. That’s a pretty nice feeling. And, of course, I’ve had several very good reviews of the books already on Amazon, although the one from Nelson is the first from the United Kingdom. Some of those have come from folks who check this blog, and, of course, many folks here have given me tremendous support on their own blogs with commentary, reviews, and even an interview.

It really makes my day when someone spends a few moments of their limited time to tell me that they like my work, and even to tell others. I don't know if folks who aren't writers quite understand what a pleasure it is to hear good things about one's works. For me, it really keeps me going even when I know I'm not making a ton of money from my writing.

Today is another good day.

11 comments:

the walking man said...

I read your
blog every day
and I like
spending some
time that way.





Does that count as a good review?

Peace and wealth from doing what you love.

TWM

Steve Malley said...

Dude, Swords rocked! I swashed and buckled right through it and can't wait to get #2 in my next Amazon shipment. It was rousing good adventure with a warm and caring heart.

RK Sterling said...

Aw, that's lovely, Charles. Congratulations. :)

Susan Miller said...

Fantastic, Charles! It is great writing, and I'm glad that guy is letting people know. Here's to hoping that your tomorrow will be a good day, also.

Charles Gramlich said...

It does indeed, TWM.

Steve, glad you liked it. It was a hoot to write.

Kate, thanks.

Susan, I'm pretty happy these days so expect tomorrow to be good too.

Bernita said...

Such things are like a warm hand in the cold dark, aren't they!

Charles Gramlich said...

Bernita, yes they are.

Michelle's Spell said...

Congrats on the good review! I'm with you on that -- things like that making writing worth all the trouble.

Donnetta said...

Good for you for the good review! You deserve it for all your fantastic work...
Donnetta

Anonymous said...

That great Charles. Good words can be a great help.

Danny Tagalog said...

That's great news and I also enjoy your blog; it opens up new avenues of thought for me too

Hope all is well and not swell.
DT