Friday, January 05, 2007

A Shock to the System

Today is my last "weekday" off. Monday starts school again. That means today I have to get started on my syllabi and figure out my schedule of office hours. But it's a beautiful day here, sunny and warm in the aftermath of a bad storm last night. I had lunch on my deck while a couple of hawks serenaded me. Now I'm going to go sit out there and read for a bit, or perhaps have a walk. And after that I'm going to nap on my deck. Work is still miles away. The fresh air and sun beckon. And away I go.

2 comments:

Rachel Schell said...

wow...you just described exactly what I wish to be doing everyday for the rest of my life.

syllabi huh? that would mean more than one...ewwww.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Going back to work really blows, especially when the weather turns nice. Here in Michigan, the weathers been crappy, so working doesn't bother me.