Thursday, October 19, 2006

Apollo 17

In my novel, Cold in the Light, there is a mystery about something that the Apollo 17 astronauts found on the moon. Yesterday I started reading Tyrannosaur Canyon by Douglas Preston and it has a mystery in it about something the Apollo 17 Astronauts found on the moon. Deja Vu all over again.

I'm quite sure that Preston never read Cold in the Light but I think it's interesting that we both chose the Apollo 17 mission, the last Apollo mission to the moon. I wonder what common thought patterns created that choice. Could it have been simply because it was the last? I guess I'll just call old Doug up and ask him.

Oh, wait, I don't know Douglas Preston. Sigh! I guess we'll never know.

2 comments:

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Hey, Charles. I think we've all seen this happen in one form or another, particurlay as years go by between A and B's publications. It would be neat to see how your collective thought processes worked re: Apollo 17. Try Googling the guy, maybe he has a blog or has replied to a blog. Just a thought.

Jonny Algiers
Lunar Commander
Apollo 18

Charles Gramlich said...

Jonny Algiers! I think I read a series of young/adult space adventures about you when I was a kid. My favorite was "Jonny Algiers and the Wizard of Sid."