Monday, August 07, 2006

Off Work?

I'm officially off work but that hasn't made much difference for my getting to sleep in. I was up at 6:00 Saturday to make it to the Baton Rouge SF Con, and got up at 6:15 this morning because I had to go across the lake to our new place in Abita Springs to meet with the mail delivery person. Then I put up our mailbox and set up our electric bill. But I think I'll be able to get a nap this afternoon, and man am I looking forward to it.

I was at the new house early this morning and was looking out through the window of my soon-to-be office at the trees. A faint bluish mist hung around the trunks, and thin beams of sunlight struck through the foliage. It was inspiring and made me want to have my computer and desk set up so I could write. Strangely enough, perhaps, I've traditionally had my computer facing a wall instead of window so that I wouldn't be distracted from my work. Maybe it's time for a change.

No comments: