Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Good News

A nice little surprise awaited me in the mail yesterday. I got my contributor's fee for a poem that I sold to Star*Line called "Rotted Angels." It was for $5, which I think is the most I've ever been paid for a poem. Star*Line is the official mag of the Science Fiction Poetry Association (SFPA). Although it's called SFPA, the members are an eclectic bunch and many of them write more in fantasy and horror than in SF. Star*Line certainly publishes a variety of genres. I'm a member, but most of what I've had published in the mag has been horror related.

I don't actually write a lot of poetry, but I joined SFPA because I don't think there is enough support for genre poetry in the States. If you're interested in finding out more, check out SFPA

No comments: